Laurin is R3 Score's COO. R3 Score is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business solution tailored for the 1-in-3 Americans living with a criminal history. R3 Score offers the benefit of context to a criminal history thereby allowing those living with a criminal record to be met with success when seeking suitable work, banking, housing, and educational opportunities.
Prior to joining R3 Score, Laurin was the Executive Director of Mission: Launch. Mission: Launch, Inc. is a not for profit 501(C)(3) with a mission to improve socio-economic outcomes for marginalized communities, with an immediate and urgent focus on returning citizens (the formerly incarcerated). We build software to uphold human rights and create opportunities to gain self-sufficiency through entrepreneurship.
About Laurin Leonard
I often say: I didn't pick prison; prison picked me. It was the unexpected incarceration of my mother for a first-time, nonviolent, white-collar indictment, which motivated me to craft a social entrepreneurial career as a millennial woman of color. As the Executive Director of Mission: Launch, I oversee the day-to-day development of the organization and serve as the vision keeper.
- An ambitious social entrepreneur with proven project management experience;
- Creative strategist displaying competitive decision-making; and,
- Culturally sensitive relationship builder, with a passionate commitment for the interconnectedness of society, equity, and enterprise.
Meyers Briggs Type Indicator: INFJ
Strengths Finder 2.0 Themes: Relator • Activator • Restorative • Achiever • Responsibility
Educational Background & Community Affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins University | Masters of Science, Information
- Systems Candidate
- Opportunity Collaboration, 2016 Delegate
- Nominee, The White House United State of Women Summit, 2016
- Aspen Institute & American Express Emerging Nonprofit Leader, 2015
- Points of Light Honoree, 2014
- Caux Scholar, 2014
- Ashoka & American Express North American Emerging Social Innovators, 2014
- StartingBloc LA 2013
- The Johns Hopkins University | Certified, Competitive Intelligence 2011
- The Johns Hopkins University | Certified, Leadership Development 2010
- Program for Minority Managers
- Old Dominion University | Bachelors of Science, Sociology, 2007